Thursday, November 8, 2018

Home Sweet Home: Summer Sun


My children were watching Care Bears a couple weeks ago and the way they animators drew and brought to life the moon, sun and all the little stars are what gave me the inspiration for for the face on my summer sun "O".

I started with a yellow acrylic paint as a base color and let that dry.  Then I sponged a yellow/orange color around the sides and on the sun's rays and let that dry.  Finally I sponged a bright orange in a thinner layer around the sides and over the sun's rays and gave that time to dry.

Next it was time for the face.  I used a dot dash pattern around the edge of the sun's face and painted on the face with the smallest paint brush I had.  The white dots on the eyes I added very last with the tip of a toothpick.

It turned out so bright and cheerful, just like all those fun summer days I remember as a kid playing outside, eating popsicles and swimming in the pool.  A perfect project for a blustery fall day when you are missing the out of doors.

You can check out the main post for this project and all it's monthly letter "O" links here HOME SWEET HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment