Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Home Sweet Home: Patriotic Star


Veteran's Day is coming up in less than a week and it has me feeling a bit patriotic.  So while I should probably be painting my "O" symbol for the month of December I couldn't resist the opportunity to paint my patriotic star for the month of July.

This Star has been one of my favorite "O" symbols to paint for this project so far.  I used a pencil and a ruler to mark the stripes Then I picked red, white and blue paint.  It took several coats of paint to cover up the pencil marks and I learned that faint marks on future projects will be easier to cover up.  I used some white sheer ribbon and some silver grosgrain ribbon to decorate the middle.  The stars were sparkly silver brads from the scrapbooking section of the craft store.  I cut off the prongs and glued them onto the wood with superglue.

I love how this turned out and I can't wait until July comes around so I can set it out and use it for the the month.  If only all of the "O" symbols for this little wooden sign turn out this cute.

You can check out the main post for this project and all it's monthly letter "O" links here HOME SWEET HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment