Thursday, October 25, 2018

Home Sweet Home: Ghost


Fall is moving in and October is quickly blowing by.  Already is almost time for Halloween.  And what better time to add to my Home sign decor with with my ghostly letter "O".

This simple little ghost sure stretched my painting ability.  I have never before tried to paint fabric folds onto a flat surface before.  It made me wish that the 2 x 4 piece of wood his shape was cut out of had a wider base.

The idea for the patches I got after looking at lots of scarecrow pictures on pinterest and I decided that they would look cute on a ghost too.  I sanded the wood, painted with assorted acrylic paint colors and then sealed the paint with a satin finish gloss sealer.

Costumes for the kids have taken a really large back seat this year and I admit that they will mostly be reusing costumes from past years and hand me downs but none of them have complained yet so maybe that means I can let myself feel a little less guilty about not doing as much sewing and enjoy the painting I have been doing just a little more.

You can check out the main post for this project and all it's monthly letter "O" links here HOME SWEET HOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment