Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why I Blog

This last year I have been blessed with a new appreciation for life.  My youngest and last child was born December 2013 and the miracles of God and modern medicine saved both my daughter and I, allowing me to continue to raise my kids and enjoy my family.  This has given me a brand new prospective on day to day living and I have finally realized that when Christ taught the parable of the talents just maybe I was dismissing or hiding a few of mine from lack of courage to share or fear of what others might have to say about it.  I was like the man with one talent.

"And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine."
Matthew 25:25

My husband commented to me yesterday as I sat watching and pausing, drawing and re-watching Disney's movie Frozen; so I could come up with what I was going to use to make the costumes my oldest 2 daughters had been requesting "I so admire your talent sweetheart.  You have the ability to see something and transform it into something all your own that is beautiful."  I looked at what I considered to be a horrible and rough drawing of Anna's coronation outfit and laughed at him.  "My drawing isn't a talent, it looks terrible."  We then had an interesting discussion about talents and what they are.  And by the end of it I began to understand that maybe I have a few more of them than I have given myself credit for and that I no longer wanted to be afraid.

"Then he that had received the 5 talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.  And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two."
Matthew 25:16-17

So regardless of what the world may think I am determined not only to further develop my talents whether they be two or five in the hopes that someday I will hear what these servants heard:

"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
Matthew 25:21

Thus my blog is born.  And I will share my crafting journey and discoveries along the way with the world and anyone who happens to stumble across my little niche in the hopes that you to might discover your own hidden talents or be brave enough to try and increase the number of talents you already have.

1 comment: